Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shonen Knife


It's my birthday, so I'm feeling happy. Shonen Knife reminds me of happy.
For me this is their "classic" album. It features a few of my favorite songs (Baggs, Lazybones, Diet Run) as well as a great cover of "The Luck of the Irish" featuring Redd Kross's Jeff McDonald. Another great track is the tribute to one of my favorite bands called simply "Blue Oyster Cult" that borrows ever so slightly from Agents Of Fortune's "Debbie Denise".
If a few of you are new to Shonen Knife, don't let the first song (that sounds more like Cibo Matto) scare you off. You're also better off starting with 1992's "Let's Knife", which is sort of a re-recorded compilation of earlier stuff.

After this, go listen to the Sleaze Sisters, Supersnazz and the 5,6,7,8's!

Bear Up Bison

No comments:

Post a Comment