Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bad News


As Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth would say: "BAD NEWS EVERYBODY!".

Even though Spinal Tap started as a Rob Reiner sketch from 1979, spoof metal band Bad News (featuring three cast members of the Young Ones) beat the Tap movie by a year.
Debuting on BBCs channel 4 in 1983, the first Bad News short film focused on the band's struggles as a pub rock metal band in England. "More Bad News" released half a decade later had the band gaining moderate success and playing at the Monsters of Rock festival at Castle Donington.
While this CD can be enjoyed without having seen the films, I advise to watch the video first. Also, unlike the Spinal Tap records, this has comedy skits as well as their incompetent Motorhead-esque songs. This is a great CD, so quit listening to Mary Hopkin numbers and download some BAD NEWS!

I could play "Stairway to Heaven" when I was twelve. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two. I think that says quite a lot. —Vim

Lager

1 comment:

  1. I still love the Young Ones. How have I never heard of this?

    ReplyDelete