Friday, October 15, 2010

Embryo


It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought I'd better come back with something really good. So, here's one of my favorite krautrock/prog albums of all time. In fact, wikipedia calles them "one of the most important German Krautrock bands of the 1970s".

What do they sound like? Some of the guitar reminds me of Hawkwind, some of the bass lines remind me of Goblin and then there's the world beat element that's a little like Mandrill, while "Marimbaroos" verges on Martin Denny space rock. OK, that's not super accurate but they're a hard band to pin down. If any of what I mention strikes a nerve though, you'll want to take a listen.

also, did you know there's also a documentary about their 1979 bus tour throughout India? It's called Vagabond's Band. Here's a preview. If you don't watch it, you're an idiot!

Oktoberfest

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike, I am trying to get a hold of you re: your youtube videos of Bratmobile and Bikini Kill. I am making a doc and would love to use a couple clips. I can be reached at jrecknagel@markhamstreet.com.

    Sorry for hounding you like this --

    Props on this album though. It's SO awesome!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete