Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Real Greg Brady


Holy Sherwood Schwartz! This is an amaaazing CD single.

Let's get one thing straight. I LOVE the Brady Bunch. That show NEVER jumped the shark (yes, I even liked the music, the Hawaii and Grand Canyon episodes, AND Robbie Rist as everyone's favorite jinx Cousin Oliver). Hell, I even enjoyed the cheezy Very Brady Christmas's and how could you not love the Variety Hour? Fake Jan and all...Even the cartoons...and yes, even Ann B. Davis's cookbook. I'm a fan.

You know, Barry Williams has a TON of talent, but I don't think he's ever gotten to show much of it off. Maybe if he'd gotten Donnie Osmond's gig in the Technicolor Dreamcoat...but I digress. Here Barry sings three (pretty similar) versions of Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady" (maybe one of the most annoying rap songs ever written) but changes the words to be about his career as Greg Brady. Some of it's in really bad taste too! The 4th song is taken from the "Return of Johnny Bravo" disc and is a cover of "We Are The Champions" by Queen. It's totally unnecessary, sure, but he does a pretty stellar job of it. Let me know what you think, and don't tattle on me for uploading it.

Time To Change

No comments:

Post a Comment