Monday, December 21, 2009

The Jack Saints


me, me, me...blah, blah blah...

Anyways, this is the first stuff The Jack Saints ever recorded using a Tascam 4 track when we were still living in Palm Springs/Palm Desert/Indio back in 1995. It's the same lineup as Solarfeast -minus Chris. So hey, another desert rock "rarity"!
These tunes are lo-fi sludge rock with a bit of Helios Creed thrown in. I guess. I still like the songs, and I like the lo-finess of it all (but probably most of you wont). Anyways, anyone who ever liked our band will be surprised by the less-garage-more-rock sound we had back then, but from the artwork and "Getting High With Larry Hagman" you can tell that we were already starting morph into a more garage rock outfit.
"Horse Thief" is my favorite tune on this, and we weren't being ironic when we covered Ozzy's "Rock and Roll Rebel". I still love that song. I'm pretty sure "Great Great Green Grocery" was inspired by Lee Harvey Oswald Band's "Bowels of Rock and Roll".
Bonus Track: "Ether Eye Land". Bad vocals..we never did redo them and the track wasn't on the original cassette that we gave to like 5 people... Our first show was with Josh Homme's band "Gravel Path" and Fatso Jetson.
Well, Give it a listen - or don't. I got one more desert thing to post, then back to the good stuff!

Snap Slack Neck Breaker Baby

1 comment:

  1. Damn! You guys were really good as a slower, heavier band! I've wanted to hear this ever since you first told me about it 15 years ago, haha.

    ReplyDelete