Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kinghorse





If you've seen my "Skate Rock" post, you know how much skate video soundtrack music inspired me as a young idiot. Well, I first heard Kinghorse on such a skate video. I could be wrong, but I think the video was Speed Freaks, and it was during Art or Steve Godoy's part. Coincdentally, that was also the first time I heard mention of Radio Birdman - a future favorite.
I bought the Kinghorse CD right away and for the first and last time in my life, I actually took up the offer to "send a S.A.S.E. for lyric sheet". Awesomely enough It came back with a super nice letter from singer, Sean Garrison. If I run across it, I'll scan it and add a link.
Danzig produced the record, and either the band or label put his name in big bold letters on the back, but I was sold at the Pushead cover.If you're into stuff like Wurm, Overkill and St. Vitus you may just dig Louisville, Kentucky's Kinghorse. Then again, maybe you're already a fan.
Buy it new on Amazon for $47.98 or...

Greatest Gift

4 comments:

  1. Amazing fucking album, They have great single and some other good shit, do you need that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed Freaks....I took so much good music from that video....to this day when I drop in a bowl or half pipe- Start the Machine by Bl'ast(Jason Jessees' part)goes through my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speed Freaks was classic shit. Jeff Grosso was hilarious in that. Neil Blender's always classic...

    ReplyDelete