Thursday, September 17, 2009

Scharpling and Wurster (Comedy!)





Kinda like Guided By Voices, I got into Scharpling and Wurster way too late (in my defense I got into Superchunk pretty early on).
According to Wikipedia: "Scharpling and Wurster is a long-form radio comedy duo composed of Tom Scharpling and Jon Wurster. Scharpling is a writer/producer for the USA network program, Monk. Wurster is the drummer for indie rock pioneers Superchunk and was also the drummer in The Ascended Masters, Guided by Voices vocalist Robert Pollard's solo touring band. He recently toured as the drummer for The Mountain Goats."
I heard their classic "Rock, Rot and Rule" 5 or 6 years ago and it was HILARIOUS, but that's available on it's own CD. The track that got me actually obsessed was the "Old Skull" track I heard a few months back, and that's what I am giving to you. If you're like me, you'll become obsessed and "iTunes subscribe" to WFMU podcasts and be an instant fan.
The best stuff is on their CDs, but there's some good stuff on their official web page for free HERE

"It's Pretty Smooth"

No comments:

Post a Comment