Friday, July 17, 2009

Budgie




If there ever was an album that "grew on me", it's Budgie's "If I Were Brittania I'd Waive The Rules". Though my friends were probabaly aware of Budgie a couple years before me thanks to Metallica, I discovered them sometime around 1990 or '91 goiong through a 70s metal obsession phase (that never really ended). The third CD I bought was "If I were Britannia..." (at a hefty $18.99 import price)...and it became my favorite.
There are some ballads on this record, and even their heavier "rockers" don't come close to the sabbathy sound of their earlier "Nude Disintegrating Parachutist Woman". That said, the songs are catchy and it's my most played Budgie record. I'm sure to be in the minority on this one.
Current Amazon price: $47.09 new.

Squawk
!

No comments:

Post a Comment