Friday, July 24, 2009

Gary Paulak



Did you know there was an album of songs about Foosball released in the ‘70s? Probably not, but I’m sure you’re not surprised. Before Pac-Man Fever hit the world, a foosball fan and competitor named Gary Paulack recorded “Table Talk”, an album not just about the game itself, but about the players and his experiences getting to and playing in the competitions.

A few years ago, I bought a movie called “Foos”, an overly long but really good and informative documentary on table soccer -from its origins through its heyday, to what the game is like now. I opted to get the DVD+Soundtrack, and was glad I did. If you like the sport as much as I do, google the film and buy it. Since I know most of you never will (and will miss out on having "Snortin’" Johnny Horton as your new hero), here is Gary’s folky, inspired tribute to the game. It’s as fun and freewheelin’ as we’d like to remember the ‘70s being (even though we know it actually sucked).



Snake Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment